Vocaforum  

(#1) Old
Orochi Herman Offline
THE RIOT OF THE BLOOD
Orochi Herman is on a distinguished road

Default VOCALOID phonetic chart from POLYGLOID - 05-08-2009, 03:28 AM

I am building a comprehensive list of phonemes for both English and Japanese Vocaloids here.

http://rotb.piiym-net.com/polygloid/?p=phonetics

Now I'm not sure if it looks right, it's still being completed, but I think I got plenty things spot on.

For a more dynamic and updated version, please visit this site: http://rotb.piiym.net/polygloid/vpl/

Last edited by Orochi Herman; 06-29-2014 at 04:21 PM.
 Send a message via ICQ to Orochi Herman Send a message via AIM to Orochi Herman Send a message via MSN to Orochi Herman Send a message via Yahoo to Orochi Herman  
  (#2) Old
Joe_Mello Offline
User is disconnected.
Joe_Mello will become famous soon enough

Default 05-08-2009, 04:09 AM

I'm assuming you've combed the manuals already, but if not, it'd probably help.

It'd probably also help if you had like dictionary pronunciations for each phoneme, just because it's slightly easier to grasp than reading a word or something.
  Send a message via AIM to Joe_Mello Send a message via Yahoo to Joe_Mello Send a message via Skype™ to Joe_Mello 
  (#3) Old
Tari Offline
Miku's 28th fan!
Tari is on a distinguished road

Default 05-08-2009, 06:14 AM

Holy... That's a pretty awesome chart, Orochi.

What is the "V" in the "In Japanese" and "In English" columns supposed to mean, though? I have something of an idea, but I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong. I'm guessing it means that the default sound the Vocaloid produces matches that Japanese/English pronunciation?

(#4) Old
Orochi Herman Offline
THE RIOT OF THE BLOOD

Default 05-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Mello View Post
I'm assuming you've combed the manuals already, but if not, it'd probably help.

It'd probably also help if you had like dictionary pronunciations for each phoneme, just because it's slightly easier to grasp than reading a word or something.
Dictionary pronunciations are being considered too, but I need to list down almost every phoneme used by mankind first. :P *lists in his to-do*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tari View Post
Holy... That's a pretty awesome chart, Orochi.

What is the "V" in the "In Japanese" and "In English" columns supposed to mean, though? I have something of an idea, but I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong. I'm guessing it means that the default sound the Vocaloid produces matches that Japanese/English pronunciation?
What it means is how to reproduce the sound of letter V in either Japanese or English Vocaloids. The closest you'll get for the Japanese Vocaloids is the letter b, in this case. As you've also seen in the other prior entries, there will be commentaries on how to get the job done. :D

Send a message via ICQ to Orochi Herman Send a message via AIM to Orochi Herman Send a message via MSN to Orochi Herman Send a message via Yahoo to Orochi Herman  
  (#5) Old
acesofthesky Offline
The 39th member...
acesofthesky is on a distinguished road

Default 05-08-2009, 11:20 AM

How useful! It's really hard to try them out and figures which one is which. Thanks!

Though in the first version of VOCALOID changing phoneme is easy, how do you change them in VOCALOID2?

And that site looks amazing. Amazing I said.
  Send a message via MSN to acesofthesky Send a message via Yahoo to acesofthesky Send a message via Skype™ to acesofthesky 
  (#6) Old
Tari Offline
Miku's 28th fan!
Tari is on a distinguished road

Default 05-08-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi Herman View Post
Dictionary pronunciations are being considered too, but I need to list down almost every phoneme used by mankind first. :P *lists in his to-do*

What it means is how to reproduce the sound of letter V in either Japanese or English Vocaloids. The closest you'll get for the Japanese Vocaloids is the letter b, in this case. As you've also seen in the other prior entries, there will be commentaries on how to get the job done. :D
Oooh, neat. xD

(#7) Old
Krystal Offline
あゐやゐや~あゐやゐやゐや~
Krystal will become famous soon enoughKrystal will become famous soon enough

Default 05-08-2009, 05:57 PM

Wow. Impressive list =O

Um, slightly off-topic, but might I suggest changing that bright green colour in your site? It...sorta hurts my eyes really badly.

Vocaforum Rules - Read them, follow them, and help keep Vocaforum a ban-free place.
Vocaforum Custom BBcodes Explaination - If your YouTube or Nico embed isn't working, you're probably just doing it wrong.

What the Hell is OTL and orz? - Stop asking me.

Spoiler for Krystal's Crazy :

Send a message via AIM to Krystal  
  (#8) Old
Kitsune_Sound Offline
Rose Liberation
Kitsune_Sound is on a distinguished road

Default 05-08-2009, 06:38 PM

I think it's easier if we know in English word in Japanese....

"Nyuusankin Totteruu?" Suigintou

(#9) Old
Orochi Herman Offline
THE RIOT OF THE BLOOD

Default 05-09-2009, 03:49 AM

The page has been updated. Added are pronunciation keys, and plenty of added information.

(#10) Old
akukame Offline
Dirt-chan
akukame is on a distinguished road

Default 05-09-2009, 08:05 AM

This is very useful. I think you should also add the special codes like breathes (br1, br2, br3, etc.).

Now, what I think would be even cooler is if you made it able to have things added to it like a wiki of sorts, where people could post phonetics for words that they were having trouble with (or that vocaloid converts badly). But I think that would be a bit of a different project in itself.