PDA

View Full Version : The Vocaloid Wiki Project

Holocauxt
02-28-2009, 09:27 PM
(I need a sticky up this joint!)

Link to our Vocaloid Wiki for easy access (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Main_Page)

Alright, methinks we had enough rest from working on this one, so a few things are in order:

We should aim to outsource the Vocaloid articles on wikia 'cuz, y'know, that's what we do.
Polish up the articles. Add more info. One paragraph of text simply ain't gonna cut it (espcially for the individual Vocaloid articles). If it's too small and nothing else can be done, merge it with another related article.
We need images, song lyrics, producer info, and the like. Heck, I even wanna consider adding a Hyadain article just for the heck of it (actually because I just WORSHIP the damn guy).

Well, what're you waitin' for!? GET CRACKING!!!

Joe_Mello
02-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Uh, well... (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com)

Miyuki
03-01-2009, 03:20 AM
We need images, song lyrics, producer info, and the like. Heck, I even wanna consider adding a Hyadain article just for the heck of it (actually because I just WORSHIP the damn guy).

Anything but lyrics. There are currently... Let me check, according to 初音ミク Wiki, at least 3500 songs registered on there right now. And that's only on original songs. They didn't cover any of the songs with changed lyrics.

No. Just no.

Also, Hyadain never sang any vocaloid-related songs. He'd never make it to the vocaloid wiki.

Tari
03-01-2009, 04:36 AM
Anything but lyrics. There are currently... Let me check, according to 初音ミク Wiki, at least 3500 songs registered on there right now. And that's only on original songs. They didn't cover any of the songs with changed lyrics.

No. Just no.

Also, Hyadain never sang any vocaloid-related songs. He'd never make it to the vocaloid wiki.

And any lyrics people want can be fairly easily Google'd. ><

kevinayP
03-01-2009, 10:29 PM
At least we should put lyrics of a very popular song so that people could easily find it =x
I can romanize it too if there're no romanized version of the lyrics! (heck, I romanized Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu -DEAD END- a while ago) xD

The wiki is only created for one purpose: To give correct informations about the whole Vocaloid universe, in English, and to straighten up people since the Vocaloid Wikia contains a LOT of incorrect informations. =)

Joe_Mello
03-02-2009, 02:17 AM
Hell, I think anyone can romanize any song if they have the ear for it.

I'd think I'd be fairly efficient, but I would defer to the more proficient speakers.

Miyuki
03-02-2009, 02:51 AM
At least we should put lyrics of a very popular song so that people could easily find it =x
I can romanize it too if there're no romanized version of the lyrics! (heck, I romanized Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu -DEAD END- a while ago) xD

I did that (http://asamidori.livejournal.com/637088.html) when the song first came out. There's no way you can proofread the lyric unless you intentionally slows down the song or you've got GREAT listening skill. I never really posted mine out in case of error. (Saw one or two with erroneous spacing on YouTube for it already, but then that guy's actually doing translation so yeah.)

And like Tari said, popular songs' lyric probably exists somewhere already. Since this wiki focus on English, it should be English translation of the lyric instead of just the transliteration, since those aren't as rare as we think they are.

I'm not sure what people's thought is on the whole subject on this forum, but I for one HATED to see my own transliteration being posted on sites without credit and without me knowing it. One of the reasons why I took down my lyric archive a while ago and setup a robots.txt for search engine to not crawl my site.

Meepy
03-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Okay, so, I guess I'm working on the Hatsune Mix article, but I need to re-read the whole thing again.
IAF, I think it was, added "WAT" to the character list, and all I can say is... what?

And, would "Re_birthday" count as part of the "Aku No" series?
(I was thinking of adding "Dark Woods Circus" to the Notable Vocaloid songs list, but I'm not sure if it should be there)

The wikiaVocaloid profiles are like, copy and pasted from Wikipedia. I'm not exactly sure if it's for all of the Vocaloids, but I know that Hatsune Miku's is copypastad. You can even see the [#]s that are used in Wikipedia, in Miku's profile.

Tari
03-03-2009, 11:22 AM
He added "WAT", really? That's hilarious. xD

*wanders off to check*

Also, totally unrelated, quotation marks and punctuation around them really grates on my nerves. I like putting the comma outside and the periods inside~, but that's "incorrect."

Krystal
03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
@Meepy: Lol! I don't think WAT is a character, but more like a fill-in, constantly reappearing side character.

Re_birthday is technically part of the Aku No series, but it's not especially famous, so I'm not sure if I should add it or not. I had it in an invisible comment before, but everyone ignored it, so I decided they probably didn't want to add it...

Dark Woods Circus is a pretty famous horror song. Personally I wouldn't be against it~~

Holocauxt
03-03-2009, 11:43 PM
Notable Vocaloid Songs (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Notable_Vocaloid_Songs) - 99.99% done

major overhaul on link placement and design.
added Luka image.
added MyList links for mentioned artists/producers.

PLEASE take note that this article will NEVER be 100% done, as it will be contantly updated whenever the need arises.

With that said, please add anything you deem note-worthy to the article. My job there is done, for now.

Tari
03-04-2009, 01:35 AM
I learned something new from the wiki. xD I never knew Love is War's original art was done by a manga-ka~. Neither had I seen the original, so that was fun, too. :D

Edit:

Other than a few typos, the article looks good.

I did notice a link that pointed at the wrong video, though, and I don't know what it was supposed to point at. KAITO's 白虎野の娘 "Byakkoya no Musume" and 島唄 "Shima Uta" both link to the Paprika song right now.

Krystal
03-04-2009, 06:30 AM
I swear I had linked them properly the first time...

I was thinking Kevin's nicovid icon idea would've been a cuter way to link the songs to their videos. Then again, first he needs to make it...

Meepy
03-04-2009, 09:03 AM
@Krystal: Lulz, well, I think Neru and Haku made a couple of appearances. And Teto was shown once, too.
But... Why "WAT"?...

ffff, I better start gathering more info. on "Dark Woods Circus" now. xD

---

So I've noticed a few grammar errors in the Notable songs page. I'll fix them later.
You know what bugs me? Seeing the word "Vocaloid" uncapitalized... I'm not even sure if it has to be or not, but... argh! D8

Holocauxt
03-04-2009, 04:29 PM
I did notice a link that pointed at the wrong video, though, and I don't know what it was supposed to point at.

Byakkoya no Musume is the Paprika song. I kinda goofed with the Shima Uta link, though. Must have not hit the Ctrl+C properly.

Miyuki
03-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Double Lariat have more to it than just using flash for the easter eggs. It wouldn't approch million views this fast if that's all to it. The lyric makes the viewer relate to many different things, sometimes their life, which touched a lot of people. (And because the lyric can be defined/expressed in so many ways, they're considered pretty deep.)

kevinayP
03-04-2009, 05:36 PM
I'll just use the nico icon from the forum, will edit the wiki later on =D
and someone really needs to make a vocaloid character profile D=

Tari
03-04-2009, 11:35 PM
Byakkoya no Musume is the Paprika song. I kinda goofed with the Shima Uta link, though. Must have not hit the Ctrl+C properly.

Yeah, I meant they both pointed at the same song, when only one was supposed to be. xD

I'll go back and listen to Shima Uta later~.

Holocauxt
03-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Double Lariat have more to it than just using flash for the easter eggs. It wouldn't approch million views this fast if that's all to it. The lyric makes the viewer relate to many different things, sometimes their life, which touched a lot of people. (And because the lyric can be defined/expressed in so many ways, they're considered pretty deep.)

Please add another paragraph in the article about that because, in all honesty, I fail to see the deeper meaning of the lyrics (I'm taking into account Moetron-subs' translation for this).

Miyuki
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM
I can't see the YT sub here on this comp but I'm guessing they did a literal translation of saying she's spinning. You have to read between the lines and look past the literal meaning.

The spinning can mean just living, working, doing something, whatever you want to interpret it as. At first her can only reach 85cm radius, which is about the normal length your arms can reach out to. As she spins, the "radius" she can reach increases. But... have you ever thought about something from the past and wondered if you can praise yourself for doing it?

"I'm about to spin, so please step back." "One day, when I'm tired of spinning, please stay by my side."

Maybe a bit of irrelevant to the whole thing, but earth's radius is ~6,300 km, and earth's axis tilts at 23.4 degrees.

Krystal
03-06-2009, 08:09 AM
I love the lyrics of Double Lariat <3 They're so touching ;O;

Joe_Mello
03-06-2009, 12:05 PM
I've seen an* video for Double Lariat that attacks it from the figurative perspective, and makes the whole thing make sense

sm6266149

*-blame Krystal

Tari
03-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Eh? But the correct grammar for "video" is "a". >_>

Joe_Mello
03-06-2009, 01:28 PM

*-blame Krystal

Tari
03-06-2009, 01:30 PM

*-blame Krystal

I was somehow under the impression that she liked grammar. xD

Oh well~.

Krystal
03-06-2009, 01:56 PM
*tears hair out*Someone stop Joe from running rampant. Dx

Tari
03-06-2009, 05:21 PM
*tears hair out*Someone stop Joe from running rampant. Dx

...I am so confused.

Holocauxt
03-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Added a little bit of info on the Weekly Vocaloid Ranking and Hatsune Mix articles. Hopefully they're informative enough not to be removed, or else, in the words of the almighty Ackmed: "I KILL YOU~!!!"

Joe_Mello
03-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Has anyone done anything for MMD yet?

IAF
03-08-2009, 01:06 AM
The wiki's going so well, i don't even notice it much. What drove you guys to make the wiki better?

akstylish
03-08-2009, 04:33 AM
Because this forum is all about vocaloid? :p

Meepy
03-08-2009, 05:22 AM
Ohyeah, we really need an MMD article.

But I don't really know much about how to use it, since I've never really tried. (Actually, I did once. And I totally failed and it made no sense to me)
I guess I could just create it and put like one sentence, then people can just change it. xD

Joe_Mello
03-08-2009, 06:47 AM
If you look in the right places, you can find the help you need. Also, look at other pages in the wiki (especially featured articles) for how some things work.

akstylish
03-08-2009, 04:47 PM
I wish they updated English version of MMD once in a while.

IAF
03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Because this forum is all about vocaloid? :p
Yeah, but i was saying that what made you guys start improving the wiki.
Is it because of the first article i made after observing that for about a few days, there was no activity in the wiki? o_o

Krystal
03-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I update the wiki when lack of information ticks me off, or if I have too much time, or if I feel like it! =D

IAF
03-08-2009, 05:23 PM
You did nothing when the wiki just started D:

Krystal
03-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Because it had so little information I didn't mind it, I didn't really have the time, and I didn't feel like it! =D

IAF
03-08-2009, 05:34 PM
I can agree about the other 2 but it still lacked information D:

Tari
03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
I think Krystal's laziness was more powerful than her urge to add information to the wiki. xD

IAF
03-08-2009, 07:05 PM
So her laziness blocks her urge to edit the wiki due to lack of information o_O

akstylish
03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
* ぽっぴっぽー "PoPipPo~"

A trio of individual songs (done by Miku, Teto and Luka, respective of the time they were released) that, when played together, form one whole song (but each song must be played in a certain sequence, making the entire thing a sort of puzzle song).

Ok, I got the songs and tried to combine them, but teto's version is shorter and impossible to fit. Plus, Miku+Luka sound like a song from hell even though I synced them perfectly. Can someone show me how it's done?

Tari
03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Ok, I got the songs and tried to combine them, but teto's version is shorter and impossible to fit. Plus, Miku+Luka sound like a song from hell even though I synced them perfectly. Can someone show me how it's done?

Miku + Luka start playing at the same time. Teto starts a little later, from what I remember, and doesn't loop through the entire song.

I just did it in NND, to be honest. Kept hitting pause and play on three tabs in Internet Explorer until it sounded decent. ^^;

Holocauxt
03-10-2009, 05:35 PM

One half of the puzzle. (http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm5911188)

IAF
03-18-2009, 01:07 AM
The wiki is dying, the people are getting more lazier day after day.

^Bump.

Miyuki
03-18-2009, 01:25 AM
I would go try to expend on the Project DIVA article if it wasn't for the fact that there still aren't THAT many info on it.

Tari
03-18-2009, 05:24 AM

^Bump.

I'm exactly as lazy as I used to be. >.>

Holocauxt
03-18-2009, 10:07 AM
I can't contribute anymore 'coz I've already expended all my resource banks on info for Chibi Miku-san, Weekly Vocaloid Ranking, and Notable Vocaloid Songs... and (I think) I did a good job on them.

It's you guys' turn to contribute to the wiki. Individual Character and Producer pages need to be beefed up with info as far as I can see.

Krystal
03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Y'know, I was gonna suggest this sooner but I forgot.

But why don't we port some of the more relevant information from the Japanese wikipedia Vocaloid + Miku article? I mean, we don't have to make everything completely original...

Uni's started~ so you guys are on your own > 3>

Joe_Mello
03-18-2009, 10:30 AM

Well the stream of information isn't constant, so there's going to be downtime.

Also, there's school. And graduation.

IAF
03-18-2009, 05:37 PM
But why don't we port some of the more relevant information from the Japanese wikipedia Vocaloid + Miku article? I mean, we don't have to make everything completely original...

^^^This

I tried this, and i failed. But i failed because i was doing it >.<
Someone do it, please? :D

Notebook
03-19-2009, 07:50 AM
Okay, I want to try to help out with the wiki but I'm sort of confused on the "outsourcing" thing in the OP. And I don't want to go into it and end up messing things up [or getting completely sidetracked like I got today. <_<;]

Miyuki
03-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Just mean we wanna have more info or whatnot than the vocaloid wikia or something.

Holocauxt
03-25-2009, 12:00 PM
UPDATE:

Sakura no Ame is going into the Notable Vocaloid Songs article, but I NEED MORE INFO ON IT.

Miyuki
03-25-2009, 12:06 PM
Graduation song. Created by pro (absorb). Was on TV. Look up "Sakura no Ame Project".

Joe_Mello
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM
I filled in most of the blanks. It is halyosy's band, right?

Just as a note (probably just personal preference): If there's backstory to something, don't be afraid to put it in. "Sakura no Ame" has that twofold notability because it's a popular song and has the fun story to go along with it.

Holocauxt
03-25-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm also thinking of inserting Miwa Shirow's MELT image into the article, but I'm conflicted whether I should remove the KoiSen image or not...

Any votes?

Joe_Mello
03-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Your call. Just make sure you don't make the page look too busy.

Holocauxt
03-25-2009, 07:48 PM
Decided to replace KoiSen with MELT... Looking at a happy, smiling Miku is better than looking at emo, bitchy, megaphone-screaming Miku, IMO.

Joe_Mello
03-26-2009, 12:28 AM
I'm assuming that means we'll have no World is Mine or BRS pictures on the wiki :P

Holocauxt
03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
HEADS UP!!!

Yokune Ruko/Chibi-Ruko will be making her debut on the Chibi Miku-san article! (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/429442)

Tari
03-28-2009, 11:47 PM
HEADS UP!!!

Yokune Ruko/Chibi-Ruko will be making her debut on the Chibi Miku-san article! (http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/429442)

So cute~. >___<

Holocauxt
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
Chibi-Ruko added to Chibi Miku-san article.

ATTENTION:

It has come to my attention (lol redundancy) that we SORELY need a "Notable Vocaloid Contributors" article which will house all the people who have done something noteworthy for the Vocaloid community (Producers, Singers, Video-editors, etc.).

I'll give you guys 2 weeks to build up a suitable article. BE CREATIVE. Add some snippets of their works, and maybe links to their homepages. When the 2 weeks are up, whether or not the article has been created, I WILL DELETE all previous articles with only a few sentences of text from the wiki.

That is all.

Tari
03-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Chibi-Ruko added to Chibi Miku-san article.

ATTENTION:

It has come to my attention (lol redundancy) that we SORELY need a "Notable Vocaloid Contributors" article which will house all the people who have done something noteworthy for the Vocaloid community (Producers, Singers, Video-editors, etc.).

I'll give you guys 2 weeks to build up a suitable article. BE CREATIVE. Add some snippets of their works, and maybe links to their homepages. When the 2 weeks are up, whether or not the article has been created, I WILL DELETE all previous articles with only a few sentences of text from the wiki.

That is all.

Pending the usefulness of those short articles, you could instead just call them "stubs" or something. >_>

Miyuki
03-30-2009, 03:27 AM
1. yuukiss - Vocannaindesu><
2. ika - Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru, the guy that started the whole Vocaloid boom on Nico
3. ryo - Various

Only ones I can think of right away.

Krystal
03-30-2009, 06:10 AM
By "Notable", what exactly do you mean?

As in, how notable? How much contribution? How famous?

Holocauxt
03-30-2009, 09:51 AM
-Did more than one work.

-Their work/s got featured in a ranking of sorts.

-They were featured in other vocaloid-related articles/documentaries/news.

IAF
03-30-2009, 10:04 AM
Ohh, A vocaloid for mac users! (http://moemania.org/internet-story/macne-nana-os-x-utau-software/) I wonder if i (or someone) can make an article about this...

Damn it! Why did i turn out so lazy?!

Miyuki
03-30-2009, 10:56 AM
-Did more than one work.

-Their work/s got featured in a ranking of sorts.

-They were featured in other vocaloid-related articles/documentaries/news.

Many people then.

- kz was in an non-Nico non-Vocaloid-related live (DeP was too I think? can't recall)
- ika started that whole JASRAC crap a long time ago when he gave JASRAC the right of Miku Miku ni Shite Ageru♪
- SignalP and SososoP themselves are pro before they start the vocaloid thing
- OSTER project's famous for his tutorials
- ryo's all over the place
- absorb.
- ShinP (the first Net Star showing Urotanda, got #1 on votes during that month Urotanda was up on the song request list on JOYSOUND)
- The guy that made Sowaka-chan (can't remember his name)
- Shana / KuroUsaP's in the doujin music world loooong before she did any vocaloid works

Probably more but those are the ones I can recall off the top of my head. IMO just because someone's on TV or featured in an article doesn't mean they're THAT notable. =\ For me, "notable" means something they've did that made a huge impact in the vocaloid world. (Like yuukiss's Vocannaindesu><, which he came up with because of VocaListener.)

Holocauxt
03-30-2009, 11:00 AM
Seriously, I'm not as strict on this as I was on Notable Vocaloid Songs. If you think a person deserves to be on the article, it's all good for me.

Once you guys get the article up and running, I'll just come by to check for typos and arrangement.

Miyuki
03-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I probably won't bother. It'd be lots of research and referenced needed for the article. I for one will not bother looking up anything JASRAC related since it's too complicated, but that's one of the reasons why ika's well-known. =| (Basically what JASRAC does is that they require you to pay a fee in order to have any songs "protected" under them for broadcasting in anywhere. Nico and YouTube both did paid for it. It's also the reason why a lot of the Ps refuse to have their stuffs under JASRAC.)

Krystal
03-30-2009, 01:08 PM
Uwah, what hard work! Krystal go sleep instead > 3>

Holocauxt
04-02-2009, 12:31 AM
How disappointing... We're nearing the end of the 1st week of a 2-weeks deadline, and STILL there is NO article up.

Can't say I'm surprised why no one uses our wiki to research on vocaloids.

Welp, not that I'm complaining, though. I'm pretty much hyped on deleting the following atrocities from our beloved wiki:

Producer (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Producer)
Ryo (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Ryo)
ShinP (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=ShinP)
CosMo@BousouP (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=CosMo%40BousouP)

See you in two weeks, 'coz these articles sure won't!

Joe_Mello
04-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Hey, I just checked out the classified ads in my local paper. The real estate section had a great lead on an ivory tower you could use.

Now I won't flat out say you brought this on yourself, but you could've been a little less Draconian.

Miyuki
04-02-2009, 02:11 AM
How disappointing... We're nearing the end of the 1st week of a 2-weeks deadline, and STILL there is NO article up.

Can't say I'm surprised why no one uses our wiki to research on vocaloids.

Welp, not that I'm complaining, though. I'm pretty much hyped on deleting the following atrocities from our beloved wiki:

Producer (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Producer)
Ryo (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Ryo)
ShinP (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=ShinP)
CosMo@BousouP (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=CosMo%40BousouP)

See you in two weeks, 'coz these articles sure won't!

The Producer page can stay since many people doesn't even know what "P" means (it's a known fact within the Vocaloid/iM@S community).

Holocauxt
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
*Looks up Draconian in the dictionary*

Well, that makes a lot of sense...

... But damn it! Where's the progress if people keep using "laziness" as an excuse...?

How much was that Ivory Tower, again?

EDIT:

Added two articles to the wiki:

Notable Vocaloid Contributors (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Notable_Vocaloid_Contributors)
Related Vocaloid Software and Websites (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Related_Vocaloid_Software_and_Webs ites)

There... I started working on them, but aside from what I already put up in those articles, I don't have any other information about them.

Hisana
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Notable Vocaloid Contributors (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Notable_Vocaloid_Contributors)

Strange coincidence that it includes my top favorite male and female Nico singer. xD

Okay, I'll guess write stuff for them over the weekend. I just hope it doesn't end it up sounding ridiculously creepy. >__>

/stalkstalkstalk

Joe_Mello
04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
... But damn it! Where's the progress if people keep using "laziness" as an excuse...?
Where's the progress if you're just going to bitch and moan about people who have classes and jobs and have more critical things to worry about that a piece of software used primarily for recreation.

aside from what I already put up in those articles, I don't have any other information about them.
Maybe we don't have info either.

There... I started working on them
Pay attention to the bolded text. They'll help you solve most of these "Nobody's updating" conundrums.

Holocauxt
04-02-2009, 04:56 PM
Okaaay, I'm just going to back off now...

Tari
04-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Joe, stop poking Holo/DK. He has a railgun. D:

Anyway, all joking aside, yes, the wiki should be updated with more information, but no, I don't have any other information to provide. I'm fairly lackluster about actually going out and getting information about the Vocaloid world. My primary excursions into it involve reading Chibi-Miku, and you already filled that article out, DK. xD

Also, Joe, some people are willing to help. While it isn't necessarily in the best of sport to tell people they have to work on it, I've been getting more of a feeling that DK's just trying to get people inspired/interested (which doesn't seem to work so well, considering just how lazy most of us are). There's no need to start a small feud over it, especially not when it doesn't seem like anyone else is overly annoyed with the way DK's going about his business. xD

Though, if you don't like it, just saying so would probably be better than going about it this way.

Oh, and DK, I couldn't find an ivory tower, but there's an impressive-looking Leaning Tower of Pisa (http://www.amazon.com/Tower-Pisa-3D-Paper-Model/dp/B000QDD8D2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1238689556&sr=8-4) paper-model thing for $20. xD

Holocauxt
04-03-2009, 12:09 AM
20 bucks!? I could buy half a PS3 with that thing!

Welp... At least my pinky could live in solitude there... gloating at all the other insolent little pinkies below... until it gives way some time in the year 3052...

I guess I have to settle with putting cheap cement over my ears and enjoying eternal silence.

Joe_Mello
04-03-2009, 06:37 AM
My primary excursions into it involve reading Chibi-Miku, and you already filled that article out, DK. xD

So :wryyyyyyyyyyyy: was I just able to write more? :3

See, I'm all for self-enabling, and I encourage everyone who can to contribute. The worst thing that could happen is that your content gets deleted. However, it is not a pre-requisite, nor should there be any Soviet-esque quotas attached. This is supposed to be fun, and so when the fun goes away, I get testy.

In other news, I'm probably going to have a child VocaRan article once the 3rd special hits. I'm also considering having a subsection to the Chibi-Miku section for non-Vocaloid chars/objects (ie Hamo, Capybara, BRS, and the other thing).

I also like how we're consistently inconsistent when hyphenating "chibi" X3

Tari
04-03-2009, 08:10 AM
So :wryyyyyyyyyyyy: was I just able to write more? :3

See, I'm all for self-enabling, and I encourage everyone who can to contribute. The worst thing that could happen is that your content gets deleted. However, it is not a pre-requisite, nor should there be any Soviet-esque quotas attached. This is supposed to be fun, and so when the fun goes away, I get testy.

In other news, I'm probably going to have a child VocaRan article once the 3rd special hits. I'm also considering having a subsection to the Chibi-Miku section for non-Vocaloid chars/objects (ie Hamo, Capybara, BRS, and the other thing).

I also like how we're consistently inconsistent when hyphenating "chibi" X3

Chibi is chibi is chibi~. xD

Anyway, yes, having your articles removed can be fairly disheartening. That said, if an article exists as a placeholder and has no information on it, it shouldn't exist in the first place.

On the other hand, there is a reason I was advocating marking articles as stubs instead of full-out wiping them. ><

~~

And actually, you have a point about the non-Vocaloid/humanoid characters on the Chibi-Miku page, especially with the cast ever-expanding. By the way, Capybara is awesome~.

/has an awesome stuffed one

Holocauxt
04-03-2009, 09:17 AM
I mainly use the hyphen after the "Chibi" when I think it's part of a name: i.e. Chibi-Miku, Chibi-Neru

I remove the hyphen when "Chibi" is used to describe someone, but I try to avoid doing that and use other words instead, "little," "child," etc. The exception only comes for the title of said 4koma: Chibi Miku-san.

Tari
04-03-2009, 10:27 AM
I mainly use the hyphen after the "Chibi" when I think it's part of a name: i.e. Chibi-Miku, Chibi-Neru

I remove the hyphen when "Chibi" is used to describe someone, but I try to avoid doing that and use other words instead, "little," "child," etc. The exception only comes for the title of said 4koma: Chibi Miku-san.

You managed to sum that up pretty well. I couldn't actually figure out how I choose between the two, but I think I basically work off the same principles.

Though, the only time I use "chibi" in a standalone form is when I referring to super-deformed drawings. ><

Joe_Mello
04-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Anyway, if you check the Wiki main page, you'll notice there's a new WIP-the Ranking Specials page. Check it out, add, subtract, modify, and do whatever.

I do advise people to be careful around the episode guide unless they know how to code tables.

Also, a future suggestion: perhaps making a Tutorial about how to wiki.

Miyuki
04-08-2009, 03:14 AM
Also, a future suggestion: perhaps making a Tutorial about how to wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents/Editing_Wikipedia

Hisana
04-08-2009, 04:42 AM
Wrote info for Tolie and Gazelle. I tried to be non-subjective as possible, but it's really hard to do that when they're my favorite singers. .___.;
Feel free to edit if necessary.

I didn't include information that didn't pertain to NND or VOCALOID (such as Gazelle's outside work), since I feel that it would make the wiki too cluttered. But if you want me to add more information, I'll do it.

Holocauxt
04-08-2009, 09:35 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Contents/Editing_Wikipedia

I think Wikipedia has some codes/macros that our wiki doesn't have, like infobars (those things with useful bits of information on the upper-left side of the article) and whatnot.

I didn't include information that didn't pertain to NND or VOCALOID (such as Gazelle's outside work), since I feel that it would make the wiki too cluttered. But if you want me to add more information, I'll do it.

Go for it.

kevinayP
04-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Every help you need on editing Wiki pages are available here (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Contents).

Holocauxt
04-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I can't seem to upload images... Seems like a error is occurring.

Miyuki
04-08-2009, 03:29 PM
I think Wikipedia has some codes/macros that our wiki doesn't have, like infobars (those things with useful bits of information on the upper-left side of the article) and whatnot.

Those are templates you have to dig and find yourself, but before that you'd have to make that template. We CAN have those if we try, but I'm not really bothering. Just start a table with class="infobox" and go from there. I made one in Project DIVA's page, actually.

Joe_Mello
04-11-2009, 02:43 AM
Anyone know how to merge cells on a wikitable?

Also, this may come in handy for expanding our wiki, especially on the NA/EU side: http://vocaloid-lovers.deviantart.com/journal/21955166/

Tari
04-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Anyone know how to merge cells on a wikitable?

Also, this may come in handy for expanding our wiki, especially on the NA/EU side: http://vocaloid-lovers.deviantart.com/journal/21955166/

Just drop a line by the group owner, I'd say. :D

Miyuki
04-11-2009, 08:58 AM
rowspan and colspan.

Use actual HTML codes. Hell if you want you can just use HTML instead of wiki codes and MediaWiki will take it.

Holocauxt
04-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Posting a list of possible candidates for the Notable Vocaloid Songs article. Tell me what you think of them:

-Rin and Len - 下剋上 "Gekokujou"
-Rin - 右肩の蝶 "Migikata no Chou"
-Len - SPiCE! (wanted to add this as an explaination to Luka's RIP=RELEASE)
-MEIKO - Be MYSELF
-MEIKO - 悪食娘コンチータ "Akujiki Musume Konchita"
-Miku, Rin and Len - よっこらせっくす "Yokora Sex"
-Miku, Rin and Len - 春!桜!ニンジャ! "Haru! Saku! NINJA!!!"
-Luka and Gakupo - GGRKS

EDIT:

Tsk... looks like someone had the balls to vandalize the wiki... Checking other articles for changes...

Tari
04-26-2009, 09:50 AM

EDIT:

Tsk... looks like someone had the balls to vandalize the wiki... Checking other articles for changes...

What happened?

And isn't there a log of who changed what?

Holocauxt
04-26-2009, 09:58 AM
Yeah... someone added a bunch of gibberish to the Notable Vocaloid Songs article and deleted Miku's entire section on it. I already undid that.

Faeye
04-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Posting a list of possible candidates for the Notable Vocaloid Songs article. Tell me what you think of them:

-Rin and Len - 下剋上 "Gekokujou"

-Miku, Rin and Len - よっこらせっくす "Yokora Sex"

Put these two in!

Tari
04-26-2009, 10:37 AM
Yeah... someone added a bunch of gibberish to the Notable Vocaloid Songs article and deleted Miku's entire section on it. I already undid that.

Alright, well, hopefully it won't happen again. xD

Miyuki
04-26-2009, 10:37 AM
"Yokkorase" is a actually a phrase in Japanese. I don't really know the meaning to it, but yeah. It'd be weird if you separate word puns like that. (Same with most of RerereP's Len songs. Ike Renka just doesn't carry over that word pun of the title, which consists of Ikemen, Len, and Renka.)

PS: I suggest an IP block if the same IP vandalize anything for more than one times. =X

Tari
04-26-2009, 11:30 AM
"Yokkorase" is a actually a phrase in Japanese. I don't really know the meaning to it, but yeah. It'd be weird if you separate word puns like that. (Same with most of RerereP's Len songs. Ike Renka just doesn't carry over that word pun of the title, which consists of Ikemen, Len, and Renka.)

"Yokkorase" the sloganeering of the Japanese. Use when lifting a heavy Luggage :)
"Kusu" is a sound effect representing a laugh.

Yokkorase+kusu -> Yokkorase(k)kusu -> Yokkora+sex

I still don't really get it~. xD

PS: I suggest an IP block if the same IP vandalize anything for more than one times. =X

I second this.

Holocauxt
04-30-2009, 09:33 PM
Chibi Miku-san article updated in commemoration of Minami's 300th strip. Go read it, folks!

I still need more input on what songs will I add on the Notable Vocaloid Songs article.

About the vandal: it seems like it was just a one time, big time deal. Hopefully it won't be repeated.

Miyuki
05-01-2009, 02:39 AM
If it happened once, it'll happen again. History loves to repeat itself.

Holocauxt
05-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Q: 清音スズ stands for...

A.1: Seion Suzu (Unsounded)
A.2: Kiyone Suzu (Clear sound) = 清い
A.3: Sayane Suzu (Clear sound) = 清

Joe_Mello
05-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I'd like to use my Ask the Expert lifeline. ^^;

Holocauxt
05-04-2009, 10:21 PM
It seems like our little ballsy vandal/bot is quite persistent, using another IP address.

Blocked the current IP, and added a protection level to the article. Now only registered users can edit it.

If the fucktard goes any further, I'll have no choice but to bump up the protection to Sysops only.

Tari
05-05-2009, 01:11 AM
It seems like our little ballsy vandal/bot is quite persistent, using another IP address.

Blocked the current IP, and added a protection level to the article. Now only registered users can edit it.

If the fucktard goes any further, I'll have no choice but to bump up the protection to Sysops only.

The only response I can come up with for this is "ew". ><

kevinayP
05-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Hmm, I might actually install a Re-Captcha on the Wiki for Registering then later on =/
Akismet is doing a great job both on the blog and on the forum. xD
Blocked a few spammers a few days ago =D

Holocauxt
05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
*facedesk*

I just noticed that BLACK ROCK SHOOTER didn't have a description yet in the Notable Vocaloid Songs article. >_<

Can anyone add a description? I really dunno what it is about.

Holocauxt
05-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Attention Hisana:

Somebody is challenging your knowledge of Tolie/Tulay/Turai/whatever's info on the Notable Vocaloid Contributors article.

Miyuki
05-12-2009, 07:28 PM
^ minato (RyuuseiP), ikemen, part of Usa Colony, didn't "came out" 'till the beginning of this year, sang Urotander under the "minato (RyuuseiP)" name long before the トゥライ persona during the シンPフルボッコ祭り. (I miss those kinda matsuri. They were so fun...)

Holocauxt
05-28-2009, 10:20 PM
Can anyone update the records for the Weekly Vocaloid Ranking article?

Joe_Mello
05-29-2009, 01:59 AM
On my weekend to-do list.

Holocauxt
06-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Added a new article to the wiki:

Vocaloid Albums (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Vocaloid_Albums)

Miyuki
06-16-2009, 11:39 PM
Is that gonna be limited to commercial products or including doujin albums?

If you wanna include doujin albums, this is gonna be a HUGE project.

Oh, what about iTunes? Those are "commercial" to a certain degree. (<- in that aspect, huge project too)

Holocauxt
06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Any Vocaloid-related album is okay to go.

I dunno about iTunes, though. Don't they just sell digital copies of retail ones?

Miyuki
06-16-2009, 11:49 PM
No. iTune sells a shit load of albums that doesn't have a retail copy.

And um, yeah, not gonna bother with doujin singles/albums. I have 6 myself already. Hisa can probably name you about 10 more, and that's like, 1% of the total doujin albums out there. (You're also missing quite a few albums, especially the earlier ones, but yeah, I'll poke around that article later today.)

Joe_Mello
06-17-2009, 12:19 AM
I think just restricting to commercially-released albums/singles will work. iTunes should count because they are also commercial releases to some extent, and denying their appearance seems like a bit of a disservice.

Maybe "Vocaloid Discography" would be a better title. ^^;

Miyuki
06-17-2009, 03:15 AM
One thing for the wiki:

Please categorize the articles.

Edit: Note regrading the layout of the albums in the article's talk page (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Talk:Vocaloid_Albums). We need to utilize talk pages more. >.>a

Hisana
06-17-2009, 03:23 AM
I kinda want to include doujin albums, but that's because I'm probably a masochist.

And yeah, going to fix all the "Tulay/Turai" back to "Tolie". :V
and if this happens again i swear i will chew out the bitch who did it

Miyuki
06-17-2009, 04:03 AM
and if this happens again i swear i will chew out the bitch who did it
Or do a force account-registration before you can edit, then we spam that person's talk page if he/she does it again? =D

Holocauxt
06-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Chibi Miku-san article can now only be edited by registered users due to a recent vandalism (prolly the same guy who vandalized Notable Vocaloid Songs).

I ask you guys to watch out for any other vandal attempts on your articles.

Tari
06-18-2009, 04:14 AM
Chibi Miku-san article can now only be edited by registered users due to a recent vandalism (prolly the same guy who vandalized Notable Vocaloid Songs).

I ask you guys to watch out for any other vandal attempts on your articles.

Gah, that's fairly annoying. D:

/also, hahaha, I just noticed the "wtf?" in your sig, Holo. xD

Joe_Mello
06-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Chibi Miku-san article can now only be edited by registered users due to a recent vandalism
Does this extend to all articles? If not, why?

Holocauxt
06-18-2009, 10:39 AM
I still want the wiki to be edited by anybody (regardless of membership, as long as they contribute productively). If the vandal targets any other articles, I'll shut them down for members only.

Miyuki
06-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Does this extend to all articles? If not, why?
If you looked at that article, that's the only one semi-protected.

Holocauxt
06-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Front page edited with news. Can't do sub-headings since the index seems to appear inside the "Featured Articles" box for some reason...

Miyuki
06-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Throw a notoc into the code if you don't want the index.

PS: N> Someone that can write better than me to write for Project DIVA article. I'm only good at data collection and listing. >_>

Holocauxt
06-24-2009, 01:17 AM
I think it would good to add a "Press Releases" heading in Project Diva so you can re-add the 39 Secrets.

Miyuki
06-24-2009, 01:48 AM
Errr that 39 secret thing is really nothing important to get itself a section, thus why I just removed it. Maybe reference link to it, but that's really all it's worth.

Holocauxt
07-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Uhh... do any of you guy know peeps that have a metric ton of knowledge on Vocaloid AND can edit a wiki? I think it's time to advertise our VocaWiki to the public...

Miyuki
07-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Unless you can speak/read Japanese you're never gonna have a metric ton of knowledge for vocaloid.

Holocauxt
07-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Maybe just one pound of knowledge...? :\

Joe_Mello
07-11-2009, 12:11 PM
You know what they say about an ounce of prevention...

I have the skills and resources to parse things here and there (e.g. I can read online TV listings) and can make connections other people might not, but that's all I'm good for.

Holocauxt
07-11-2009, 07:45 PM
If you got other friends who can help, just advertise the wiki to them.

Joe_Mello
07-15-2009, 02:42 AM
My other friend does translation for a living >_>

O hai, Vocaran page update. :3

Holocauxt
07-15-2009, 09:55 PM
Hmm... I need help on the "origin" of Miracle-Gumiracle... sounds like it came from Touhou... but I'm not quite sure.

Temmy
07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
Hmm... I need help on the "origin" of Miracle-Gumiracle... sounds like it came from Touhou... but I'm not quite sure.

It's from Touhou indeed. More specifically an IOSYS remix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRRv9jJLjn8

Holocauxt
07-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Hmm... sez here that the original song is called "Dark Road"... kinda depressing... Is this some sorta SAIHATE (sounds upbeat, but the words are far from cheery)?

Temmy
07-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Hmm... sez here that the original song is called "Dark Road"... kinda depressing... Is this some sorta SAIHATE (sounds upbeat, but the words are far from cheery)?

Nah, it's just the remix that's overly happy fun rainbows. The original song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFScJFDBE_I) itself is pretty standard Touhou fare. The character for which the theme is used is a goddess of curses, so that also accounts for the dark-sounding song title.

Holocauxt
07-28-2009, 12:44 AM
Final question: is it noteworthy for the wiki?

Miyuki
07-28-2009, 03:06 AM
If the song's not all that popular or doesn't hold any significance, no.

Holocauxt
08-15-2009, 12:05 AM
The wiki is under attack by persistent bots with dynamic IP addresses.

IAF
08-15-2009, 12:11 AM
We must counter attack!

Temporarily shutdown the servers!

Evasive maneuvers are needed for this!

Miyuki
08-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Seriously, set the wiki so it can only be edited by registered members.

Either that or set everything to semi-protected.

Joe_Mello
08-15-2009, 02:13 AM
I don't think that's the problem this time around.

Miyuki
08-15-2009, 02:21 AM
The problem was anyone can edit the wiki, thus bots, without having to register an account, just went ahead and edited the pages.

Having wiki to only be editable by registered members will at least give them an extra step to take before the spam.

Having the articles under semi-protect will be even harder for 'em to edit it, since newly registered members still can't edit those pages.

Holocauxt
09-15-2009, 09:37 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK-!!!

Guys, please help me. The Wiki was MASSIVELY vandalized, and I CAN'T RETURN EVERYTHING TO NORMAL.

Krystal
09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Sorry for the ignorance but I haven't been keeping up with the current state of the wiki so I'm not sure what to do >___>

Also, maybe now is a good time to completely protect everything like Mi said.

Chronicle Psyga
09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Say what? Uh oh! Let's band up as a team of Vocaloid forum team known as VOCALOIDFAN SENTAI VOCAFORUMRANGERS to beat them. *calls for a big Vocaloid Megazord time*

Joe_Mello
09-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Suggestions:

1) Contact the admins
2) Shut the wiki down
3) Find the changelog and get back-versions of pages (if possible)
4) Restore and restart with Captchas out the rear

Chronicle Psyga
09-15-2009, 10:11 PM
Oh man! May the shutting down be temporal only. I mean, man! Vocaforums' Wiki page is something awesome to make it grow. I mean, the WIKI layout is cool.

Holocauxt
09-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Sigh...

I mustered all the strength of my core drill and somehow managed to restore everything.

Now I've protected the Wiki so that Registered Members are the only ones who can edit it.

Krystal
09-15-2009, 10:21 PM
That reminds me, need to somehow retrive password for my account...

Chronicle Psyga
09-15-2009, 10:24 PM
And the same goes to mine as well.

Miyuki
09-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Suggestions:

1) Contact the admins
2) Shut the wiki down
3) Find the changelog and get back-versions of pages (if possible)
4) Restore and restart with Captchas out the rear
1. DK's the sysop. Along with Kevin.
3. That's the "history" for the article. You can track what's been change via Recent Change. That said, reverting everything is an annoying task.

By the way DK, next time if anything like this happens again, you don't have to revert each edit individually. Go to the last revision of the article before the attack, edit that, and save it. VocaRan for example, you'd go to this revision (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Weekly_Vocaloid_Ranking&oldid=807), go into the edit screen (http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Weekly_Vocaloid_Ranking&action=edit&oldid=807), and just save it.

Holocauxt
09-15-2009, 11:38 PM
If you want, you and Krystal can appeal to Kev for SysOp status. I really need the help, plus you guys know a lot more Vocaloid info than I do.

As a side note, we really need to invite more Vocaloid-savvy people to join us and contribute to the 'site in-general.

Miyuki
09-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Or just unlazy me and Krystal so we start writing for the wiki. >_>

Holocauxt
09-15-2009, 11:46 PM
*facedesk*

If only "unlazy" was some sort of cheat code to input...

Tari
09-16-2009, 02:58 AM
*facedesk*

If only "unlazy" was some sort of cheat code to input...

It totally is. Buy them something Kaito-related. >.>

Glad to hear you've got everything worked out on that end, for the time being, though.

Holocauxt
10-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Can I have some help with the Wiki now? So far, it is the most neglected part of the V-ism trinity (Blog, Forums, and Wiki), heck, most english Vocaloid fans still go to Wikia... which feeds them nothing but lies. Are you guys just gonna allow that to happen?

darkfeline
10-06-2009, 12:54 PM
How about merging this wiki with the other vocaloid wki that's already there? http://vocaloid.wikia.com/ Not sure how feasible/reasonable this is, but having more people work on one project beats the same people split over two, right?

Krystal
10-06-2009, 01:01 PM
But they're all wrong and we're right =w=;

Holocauxt
11-21-2009, 07:50 PM
http://wiki.vocaloidism.com/index.php?title=Notable_Vocaloid_Songs

I put in some new popular songs... Can anybody write descriptions for them? I would really appreciate it.

Krystal
11-21-2009, 08:10 PM
I'd mess around with that page but I lost my account pw =\

Oh btw, add bokura no 16 bit warz to Gumi's famous song list. (That said, Seikan Hikou isn't that famous and カムパネルラ isn't considered famous at all)

Oh and I would recommend removing Hoshikuzu Utopia from the list, also ggrks. Re_Birthday isn't part of the Aku no series it seems. ShigotoshiteP's 黄泉桜 is pretty high up for a Meiko song. Do you really need SPICE! in there?

I still think Miku can be cut down a lot. And Miwa's Melt!Miku isn't at all famous > 3>

Holocauxt
11-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I knew I was forgetting something! I'll add it when I get to my own computer.

Joe_Mello
11-21-2009, 11:56 PM
That said, Seikan Hikou isn't that famous
I'd say the song itself is famous, but not necessarily Gumi singing it. Covers have already made the rounds, so it was only doubly natural for a Megpoid version.

tyw214
11-22-2009, 12:02 AM
nvm... saw magnet in the duet section lol...

I think ハチ's song should be in the list, especially 羅刹

i'd say songs in the cumulative top 50 or 100 should be there ;x

Miyuki
11-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Rasatsu may belong to there but I honestly don't think a lot of the people outside Japan fully understand the meaning to that song, since it's pretty deep. (No, translation don't cut it.)

If you include all the songs in the top 50 in that list there's never gonna be an end to it. We don't want/need a HUGE list.

---Long rant ahead---

And yeah, Miku's list is WAY too long. I don't think we really need sections dedicated to Ps. Pick a song or two from them that's really notable and leave everything else out. We definitely don't need a section covering 4/5 of the ryo songs.

Oh and that Melt PV wasn't made by Miwa. He drew pictures, yeah, but Gonzo was the one that put it together.

DEAD END is part of the song's name and shouldn't go between a (). You either label it the Full Version or DEAD END to distinguish it from the short version.

Marginal is not famous at all, why the hell is it there?

SPICE! doesn't really belong there, and where's Gemini?

I...don't know if you want to include Para-dich(ry there, with the whole "ohshi it does sound like a part of a certain Sound Horizon song", even though I personally love this song.

Yeheyuan Production is Dixie Flatline's blog/circle name. "Dixie Flatline" is the person's name. And no, it tells the story of a guy breaking up with his girlfriend, no the other way around. We don't exactly need utatte mita links in there, especially biased ones. (Yes, I'm talking about the Donishima link.)

Bokura no 16 bit Wars isn't all that notable. Nor is Campanella.

Ryuuseigun doesn't need to be there.

---Long rant end---

Conclusion: What, are we doing "notable" songs or "songs that's popular/famous"? The older song entries have their importance but some of the new songs listed are purely just there because they have high view/MyList number.

</grumpy>

*notes down on things to remove*

tyw214
11-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Rasatsu may belong to there but I honestly don't think a lot of the people outside Japan fully understand the meaning to that song, since it's pretty deep. (No, translation don't cut it.)

If you include all the songs in the top 50 in that list there's never gonna be an end to it. We don't want/need a HUGE list.

And yeah, Miku's list is WAY too long. I don't think we really need sections dedicated to Ps. We definitely don't need a section covering 4/5 of the ryo songs.

Oh and that Melt PV wasn't made by Miwa. He drew pictures, yeah, but Gonzo was the one that put it together.

lol... I dont think half the peole outside japan understands any vocaloid song ;x

Top 50 can change... it'll ALWAYS be 50 xD~ some comes and some goes... i'd say at least a yearly archive way of doing them would be fine. Unless we are talking about famous VOCALOID song to the "English" community, then THAT's a WHOLE different story... and I don't think there is anyone doing a vocaloid ranking based on youtube watch (which would actually be a good idea if someone wants to put the effort... since each song will probably have SEVERAL youtube video added for its "total" number of view and comments lol... and a different formula would probably be needed)

Youtube formula variable would have to be:
Replayed Times
Number of times rated
Number of stars
number of comments

Maybe this is a project the vocaforum community would like to take up lol...

Miyuki
11-22-2009, 01:03 AM
I wouldn't bother doing a youtube version because of what you stated. WAAAAY too many duplicates of the same song + translation videos = no thanks.

tyw214
11-22-2009, 01:33 AM
I wouldn't bother doing a youtube version because of what you stated. WAAAAY too many duplicates of the same song + translation videos = no thanks.

Lol maybe only use the "First" one that is a "direct" repost from nico? although that'll really skew the result lol...

Tari
11-22-2009, 01:37 AM
Lol maybe only use the "First" one that is a "direct" repost from nico? although that'll really skew the result lol...

Still too many, not to mention the number of NND-repost accounts/videos that get taken offline by Youtube for random copyright infringements that no one knows about.

Miyuki
11-22-2009, 01:47 AM
That and people don't tag their videos correctly. With a pretty funky search on Youtube's part, it make things much harder.

kevinayP
12-22-2009, 05:14 AM
Vocaloidism Wiki is now up on our new server~!

http://www.vocawiki.com/

ReCaptcha installed, uses nginx (<3) rather than apache, runs on a newer MySQL, and a much, much better server running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. =3

Holocauxt
12-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Re-registered my account. I think Spring Cleaning is in order...

Miyuki
01-01-2010, 07:55 AM
1. The link on the forum still links to the old wiki.
2. http://www.vocawiki.com/wiki/User:Miyuki/Test - Yeah, trying to play around with front page.
3. Just wondering, what kind of article title formatting are we aiming for: the "cap every word on the title" or the "just cap the first word or proper nouns" like wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Naming_conventions#Article_title_format) ? Personally I lik the wikipedia way more but what's eveyone's view? Oh and, is "vocaloid" a proper noun?

Tari
01-01-2010, 08:16 AM
3) Go for Wiki style. We are using a wiki-format. 8D

Vocaloid should probably be capitalized, since it's a product with a capital letter. >_>;

Echo
01-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Seems that the only few pages that are extensively developed are Chibi-Miku San and the Notable Vocaloid Songs page...

<--- Is now developing a Vocaloid Template for organization....

Miyuki
01-02-2010, 01:05 AM
Make sandbox for yourself and do the template there.

Echo
01-02-2010, 03:29 AM
Whoops~ I'll do it in the morning...a little busy here... (Prepping for school after the weekend ends...T_T)

Falcon
01-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Isn't there already a vocaloid wikia? It only has about 198 pages. Why make another one? (Did not read all pages)

Joe_Mello
01-03-2010, 02:45 AM
Why make another one? (Did not read all pages)

IIRC, it's a bit inaccurate and a pain to navigate. The Vism wiki is locally owned and operated. :3

Echo
01-03-2010, 02:53 AM
Did we also mention that it's ADVERT-FREE? XD

Miyuki
01-03-2010, 03:13 AM
The wikia one started out as a wiki for spin-off characters. We saw that and went "...let's make one that covers the other areas, not just a wiki with detailed description for all spin-off vocaloids ever created".

Holocauxt
01-19-2010, 10:16 PM
http://www.vocawiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Check out our (sorta) new front page!

Hope that gets your blood pumping.

Miyuki
01-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Use tables instead of CSS layout. Depending on browser and screen resolution it can really turn that layout into crap. (Yeah, I just check it on a certain browser under 800x600 and let's just say things doesn't go where it's supposed to go.)

Well seems it is table sorta but yeah. This is not gonna work. Not with this code. God I hope this thing lets me code HTML properly. Be right back with the proper coding.

---

*views source*

What the ****. Nothing should ever go between the </tr> and the </table> tag. A table should end with a |} in MediaWiki powered wikis, not |-}.

Anyways, raw HTML, which you can just copypaste to the main page and it'll work. I'll come up with the wiki variation for that table code if you don't want actual HTML codes.

<div style="text-align: center; padding: 0.5em 1.0em; margin: 0 3px 3px; background: #f8fff8; border: 1px solid #8a8;">
[http://www.vocaloidism.com/ Vocaloidism News Blog] | [http://www.vocaforum.com/ Vocaloidism Forums]
</div>

<table cellspacing="3" width="100%" border="0">
<tr>
<td colspan="2">
=News=
:* '''June 24, 2009: Vocaloidism Wiki needs YOU!'''
:: The wiki is in need of people willing to contribute useful information with regards to anything Vocaloid-related. So register now and help make this wiki the go-to 'site for any Vocaloid needs!
</td>
</tr><tr>
<td width="50%" valign="top" style="background: #F0F8F8; background-image:url(Mainpagemiku.png); background-position: right bottom; border: 1px solid #688481; padding-top: 0.5em; padding-left: 1.5em">
=Featured Articles=
* [[Chibi_Miku-san|Chibi Miku-san]]
* [[Notable_Vocaloid_Songs|Notable Vocaloid Songs]]
* [[Weekly_Vocaloid_Ranking|Weekly Vocaloid Ranking]]
* [[Vocaloid Ranking Specials|Vocaloid Ranking Specials]]
</td><td width="50%" valign="top" style="background: #F0F8F0; background-image:url(Mainpagesonika.png); background-position: right bottom; border: 1px solid #7B8D7B; padding-top: 0.5em; padding-left: 1.5em">
=Ongoing Work=
* [[Notable Vocaloid Contributors|Notable Vocaloid Contributors]]
* [[Related Vocaloid Software and Websites|Related Vocaloid Software and Websites]]
* [[Vocaloid discography|Vocaloid discography]]
* [[Hatsune Miku: Project Diva|Hatsune Miku: Project Diva]]
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Holocauxt
01-19-2010, 10:34 PM
You can work with Happy and Kev on how to fix the layout.

Miyuki
01-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Well I "fixed" the coding here, but that just means I changed the more-confusing-than-actual-HTML code to HTML code and changed stuffs around. My code should work, but it's gonna have dimension problem with the two background files.

I'll fine-tune it when I get back home but yeah. Oh also have no idea who Happy is so I guess I'll go bug Kev instead.

---

New finding:

This MediaWiki doesn't support the HTML background property or the CSS background-image property. If the current layout want to stay, huge problem.

Joe_Mello
01-20-2010, 04:12 AM
In other news, I finally started on that Records article >>;

Krystal
01-20-2010, 05:21 AM
=|

I'm not to pleased with that type of layout either. As Mi said, it will run into problems. I'm a neat-freak when it comes to css and html, so I'm not even going to bother trying to look at it.
Though, can't you make it so that the thing supports css? I like writing css...

Miyuki
01-20-2010, 05:23 AM
It supports CSS. You can make a pure CSS layout out of it if you want.

Thing is, background="" and background-image:url('') doesn't work on MediaWikis unless specificed in the external CSS file, so yeah...

Krystal
01-20-2010, 05:27 AM
Oh but css files should always be external =D

Miyuki
01-20-2010, 05:28 AM
Which means none of us outside of Kevin and maybe Happy (who's apparently in charge of the layout) can edit it. >________>

kevinayP
01-20-2010, 05:30 AM
I can make you able to edit it if you have an account in the Wiki. >__>;

Miyuki
01-20-2010, 05:59 AM
Don't you have them level them up in order for them to do that? >_>

Speaking of which, working on a template for the discography page.

http://www.vocawiki.com/wiki/User:Miyuki/Test2

First one have the infobox before the header, thus creating that interesting effect of the box overlapping the heading line, but if you hit the edit button, won't be able to change the stuffs in the infobox.

Second one is just standard stuff.

Not gonna enlarge the infobox either 'cause together with the CD cover it's gonna be pretty big, creating bad overlap problem in an actual page.

kevinayP
01-20-2010, 06:02 AM
I like the second one better.

What do you mean by "level up"?

Miyuki
01-20-2010, 06:03 AM
Change them to another usergroup? >>

kevinayP
01-20-2010, 09:48 AM
No, just add them to another usergroup. Like for example me and Holo is a User, Administrator (System Operator or Sysop), and Bureaucrat. You need to have Sysop privileges to change the CSS. Anyways, can someone please edit the core Wiki articles? Like Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin and Len, etc.

Miyuki
01-20-2010, 10:30 AM
If someone's willing to write the actual articles I can provide information. Don't expect me to write anything worth reading. >_>